The Sweet Spot Patisserie

The other day, Eugenia rang me up to meet for lunch. The only thing was that I didn't know that Annie had selected a patisserie - a dessert place in Randwick - instead of a savoury food place. BUT, paying homage to their Mediterranean roots, it turned out that the folks at The Sweet Spot will feed you yummy sustenance in stomach exploding portions. They sold in-house made soups, pies, sandwiches and so forth as well as the desserts which are really their main focus. Sam got himself a helping of chicken and leek soup the size of a giant wonton soup bowl and I got myself a mushroom and steak pie. I have no words against either of them and nearly had no room in my tummy for dessert after. Another thing, the renovations were so lovely and summery in hues of baby blue and white (didn't take any photos though) and the cafe is a suitable space to meet if you are bringing a large family or friendship group, but it can also be a quiet and secluded space at many times of the day. 
 But yes, without further ado, feast your eyes:


Baklava roll (~$6.50 can't remember price)
This pastry was too dry for my liking but the filling was decent and full of flavour. Nutty and sweet. It can be found on a shelf made up of entirely sweet greek treats and pastries. I hope to try some of the other ones next time!

Tiramisu ice cream (~$7?)
If you want to do take away, never fear it melting. This tough one lasted through our entire lunch main course with only a slight softening on the outer surface. The only drawback was that it was also quite hard to dig into with our dessert spoons. What impressed me was that the spongy base of the cake was not in the least soggy, but it wasn't dry either! Loved the tiramisu.




Pistachio and Panna Cotta ($6.90)
You could taste more panna cotta and raspberry jam than pistachio which was unfortunate. It was also a little on the sweet side. But the texture was soft and beautiful. The cake has nice aesthetics too.

Anyways, this might be the last time I eat out again in a while - it's time to buckle up for finals, and I'm saving my dwindling funds and sporadic income from contract work until I'm properly employed again in the summer.

The Sweet Spot Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts