Is Bar Luca the new Hungry Jacks?

Dare I say the burgers are better at Bar Luca? I've been there twice, the first to celebrate dear Viv and Jen's birthdays; and the second, to hang out with a dear friend.

I definitely recommend eating in over take-out if you're after good taste and texture, because the bun can get soggy. However, the merits of takeaway are that you can find somewhere quieter and nice at Circular Quay nearby to enjoy the view and actually hear the person/people you're with. But for rowdy-party-watch-the-NRL-on-TV-at-the-pub, eating in has nailed that experience. Service is good, their drinks are pretty decent, and the non-alcoholic milkshakes and mocktails are downright cute. Without further ado, here is a review of their famous 'Blame Canada' and other things we tried. Not all are photographed.

p.s. No, BL is not the new Hungry Jacks. I want my drive through... just kidding! "Pub grub" is great. You can't compare that with take-out. But both meet equal value-for-money standards respectively, in my opinion.

Blame Canada ($15)
Comprised of a 200g wagyu beef pattie, maple glazed streaky bacon, poutine, and maple aioli.

Thoughts from me: A very satisfying feed. Pattie held together well, not mushy. Good flavour balance with the sauces. Struggled to fit it in my mouth so very messy. But shameless.

Thoughts from friend: Nice, filling, and juicy. But over-hyped on the Facebook fatties burger appreciation society.

Thoughts from the "Fish-eye" fam: *smiles all round*

Shoestring Fries ($6)
Shoestring fries with aioli sauce are the typical go-to sort of things to match with burgers. Sad to say that though it was money-for-value, it wasn't very good. It wasn't bad so as to say, but too salty and a bit soggy for my liking. Keep in mind this was eat-in.

Beer Battered Onion Rings ($6)
So. Much. Yes.



Wagyu Beef Burger ($14)
Ingredients: 200g Wagyu pattie, streaky bacon, American cheddar, tomato, lettuce, pickles, aioli, and house made ketchup.

I genuinely enjoyed that more than Blame Canada, but that's only because I like cheese and having lettuce in my burger. That's not a very helpful review is it? But fear not, maple bacon still has a place in my heart.

Forbidden Lychee ($17)
That's the cocktail pictured above with Lychee liqueur, Chambord, lychees and fresh lime, and lemonade. It tasted nice and looked pretty. For that price though? hmm...

Anyways, for all it's worth, I haven't taken many photos of the food at all, so here's a dodgy Snapchat of the gorgeous sunset that certainly doesn't do it justice. We're doing takeaway for the view any day.



Bar Luca Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts