Top drawer worthy


So some of you may know that I love assembling furniture. Currently, with the continuation of exam stress (while everyone else is on holidays) I took a break to buy and assemble a proper bedside table. I keep makeup, jewellery and other tidbits in the bottom two drawers but reserved the top drawer for my bible and useful accompanying books. 

I'm one of those shamelessly pathetic human beings who do everything (except cooking) by the book and I do mean everything: from how to change a stylus pen nib to how to serve properly in volleyball. And so if I devoted myself half as much to my Bible as I did to all my other instruction manuals it would do a world of good. Let's be honest with ourselves here, what you feed yourself is is what comes out. I've been slacking off from my Bible and prayer a fair bit lately and it definitely isn't something you can disguise or hide. And so, in a bid to renew these efforts, I put the Bible and some useful accompanying books in the prime position of the top drawer.


I also recently started reading another piece of Christian literature. 'Prayer and the voice of God' by Phillip Jensen and Tony Payne was one of the gifts I received at my baptism (thanks Jason and Qing!) and it's one of the best books I've read in a long while.

It covers everything from the purpose of prayer and its significance to God's nature and all sorts of fascinating questions like "How do we know that God is answering our prayers?" A good balance between biblical theology and linking it to practical applications. Definitely a recommended read and good assistance to topical Bible reading.



Comments

Popular Posts