Some call it 'War Paint'



I'm a tomboy through and through and a firm believer that simple is best. But one day I realised that it's probably nicer to wear a bit of makeup to some parties, formal occasions etc. Most of my products are for skincare but even then I usually use home grown aloe vera and self-made face masks. So instead of showcasing my shockingly sparse cosmetics collection, let's have some fun venturing into the glory of skincare products instead.

Forewarning: I'm like a Beagle, addicted to smelling things, so my critiques may be slightly biased according to my judgement of scent.

-> Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in 'Gothic' - This shade was too bright for my lip shape and had to be dabbed on. It might suit people with thinner lips, or serve as costume makeup if you'd like to resemble a clown crossed with a vampire. Just joking about the latter.

-> Revlon Just Bitten Balmstain in 'Adore' - Moisturising with lasting colour that looks quite natural. Good for everyday wear.

-> Maybelline New York Baby Lips lip balm in 'Anti-oxident Berry' - Colourless and does its job. Smells nice. Economical purchase.


-> The Body Shop 'Mango Body Butter' - The whole range smells a dream and is wonderful for dry skin in the winter. Works on sensitive skin (I have eczema and dermatitis). The only drawback is that it's a little thick for the warmer seasons. And it's a bit hard to resist eating it.


-> Vaseline total moisture 'Aloe Fresh' lotion - Crystal recommended this to me when I ran out of moisturiser. It's light and works very well, especially after a long day of sand and surf. Has a nice cooling feel as well. Not to replace sunscreen though!

-> 'Floral Temptation' rose and peony scented hand cream by Watsons - I've been addicted to the scent from day one. It definitely moisturises and is a happy memory from my recent trip back to Hong Kong. But what can I say? They either don't produce it anymore or I can't find it on Watson's website because my Chinese literacy skills are appalling. Good luck finding it!

-> 'Tea Tree Water' toner by Lush - Best oil blotting effect ever.

-> 'Angels on Bare Skin' facial cleanser by Lush - Standard. The good thing about Lush is that they use natural ingredients so it doesn't damage skin to the same degree as other chemical cleaners might before making it better.

-> 'Dark Angels' facial cleanser by Lush - A little too intense for my skin but good for bad acne breakout days. Deep pore cleansing.

-> Lucas Paw Paw Ointment - The salvation for mozzie bites, pimples and volleyball induced bruises. Also good for dried, chapped lips and is shiny. Pretty much the miracle ointment for everything next to aloe vera.

-> Crabtree and Evelyn 'Summer Hill Therapy' hand therapy cream - (not pictured here) Just finished a tube that my aunt gave me. Decent but not as effective as the Watson's cream.

And that's all m'friends, hope you have a nice day!

Comments

Popular Posts