Sociopaths and scones

Dear reader,

 How are you? Having a marvellous day or a sad/bad/mad day? Regardless, do not fear, recipes are here!

Lol jokes.

Apologies for having nothing to deliver. I forgot how I made my carrot cupcakes and cranberry muffins. You see, mum and I are extremely impulsive in the kitchen and throw in whatever works. We fake-it-until-we-bake-it. BUT, I promise to use measuring cups in the future to give you some numerical values to work with.

On another note, how does impulsive baking relate to sociopathy?


Good old Timmy Yau has been trying to do me in by convincing me that I'm a psychopath. Impulsivity is one of the signs I supposedly display. It's all nonsense of course, but he got me hooked onto the topic. You'll be surprised at what the books have to say! It's not just the serial killer cliche.

Here's what the research says about sociopaths:
  1. They exhibit a lack of empathy or sympathy
  2. They lack the ability to feel remorse or shame
  3. They're superficially charming and know how to get people on their good side
  4. Are often popular (but have no/few true friends)
  5. They live to maximise all the pleasures life has to offer
  6. They're very impulsive and have no long term goals
  7. They disregard social norms
  8. They're the oddly calm ones in extreme situations such as a car crash
  9. They're experts at lying and manipulative behaviour (usually for personal gain)
  10. They're narcissistic, egocentric individuals.

...So, what do we do now if we find out that a 'friend' or 'loved one' is in fact, sociopathic? I honestly don't know. The decisions are up to you and the case you're up against. Just don't turn your relationship into an insane recipe for disaster.

If you're still curious or have more questions, here's a few articles floating around the inter webs:
Until next post - with actual recipes - my friends!

~Peace out~

p.s. Please pray for the bushfire victims and be on fire alert. It's that time of the year in Australia again.

p.p.s. Feel free to comment below on any thoughts/experiences. Would love to hear from you!

Comments

  1. whos timmy yau ? sounds like a wonderful person to me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts